Due to Hurricane Irma, the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (FLOIR) has issued emergency regulations to provide safeguards for our policyowners.
- Settlers Life is suspending lapses and cancellations due to nonpayment of premiums and nonrenewal for affected consumers until 10/15/2017.
- Settlers Life will hold (not mail) lapse letters and consider the policy in-force until 10/16/2017.
- All Florida counties are affected. Florida Governor Rick Scott issued an Executive Order declaring a state of emergency in every county in Florida on September 4, 2017.
Our thoughts are with those affected by Hurricane Harvey and the devastating flooding in its wake.
Please note, 34 Texas counties are listed in Governor Abbot's state of disaster proclamations: Aransas, Austin, Bastrop, Bee, Calhoun, Chambers, Colorado, Brazoria, Burleson, DeWitt, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Gonzales, Harris, Jackson, Jefferson, Jim Wells, Karnes, Kleberg, Lavaca, Liberty, Live Oak, Matagorda, Nueces, Polk, Refugio, San Jacinto, San Patricio, Victoria, Waller, Wharton, and Wilson.
Settlers Life will continue to update you as we learn more including any timeframes set by the TDI. Until then, please visit these resources for more information:
- View Governor Abbott's original proclamation of disaster, dated August 23, 2017.
- Abbot's amending proclamation of disaster, to include the four additional counties, dated August 27, 2017.
- The Texas Department of Insurance's Bulletins page, which lists nearly a dozen Catastrophe Bulletins
- The Office of the Texas Governor website
- State of Texas Hurricane Center webpage
Due to the recent flooding in Illinois we are temporarily suspending cancellations due to nonpayment of premiums until September 30, 2017, for policyholders living in the following counties: Cook, Kane, Lake, and McHenry. Please contact our policyholder services department at 800-542-8711 if you are in the affected areas and wish to make payment arrangements.
If you have any complaint regarding any disaster-related dispute or issue you may contact the Illinois Department of Insurance toll-free at 1-866-445-5364, or file a complaint online at: https://mc.insurance.illinois.gov/messagecenter.nsf
Settlers Life Insurance Company specializes in final expense life insurance products designed for clients who are seeking peace of mind that funds will be available to assist their families with the payment of final expenses at the time of death. Our policies are permanent, whole life policies and are available to individuals in 44 states, which is why we're known as America's Final Expense CompanySM. As a company, we see ourselves in the "people business" and maintain a focus on delivering personal service that we would expect our own families to receive in their time of need. At Settlers Life "It's about people".